ABOUT THE COURSE
The course is aimed at educators, school managers, parents and anyone interested in applying democratic governance in an educational setting. In the course you will learn practical skills to implement sociocracy in your own context, whether in a school, community or organisation.
This course is founded on learning through direct experience, as you will be organised into small groups to practice democratic decision-making processes, facilitation skills, sociocratic elections and construction of a circle structure. You will also experience sociocracy through role play of real examples that we collected from schools around the world.
You will have a chance to develop facilitation skills, so you can immediately apply sociocracy in your context after the course. We offer tools for collective decision-making, open elections and conflict mediation, which can be applied in any meeting with students, staff and parents.
– Format of training: Online (via Zoom)
– Duration of training: 12 hours – 6 sessions (2 hours each)
– Dates: Fridays: 4th Nov, 11th Nov, 18th Nov, 25th Nov, 2nd Dec and 9th Dec
– Time: 8pm-10pm Central Europe (3pm-5pm EDT, 7pm-9pm GMT) – Check your timezone here
– Max. number of participants: 12
– Price options: €140, €170 or €200 per person
We offer three prices for you to choose from based on your financial condition. All prices are in Euros.
– Base: €140: This is a more accessible option for those who are unable to afford the regular price.
– Regular: €170: This is the standard and recommended price for the course.
– Support: €200: Your contribution enables us to offer the course at the base price, making this more accessible to others. Thank you!
Session 1 (4th Nov)
– School Circles screening (46 min training version)
– Questions and reflections
Session 2 (11th Nov)
– 4 Principles of sociocracy
– Consent and double link
– 4 Roles in a circle
– Election process
– Experience: sociocratic election
Session 3 (18th Nov)
– Practice: sociocratic election
– Vision, mission and aims
– Circle: domains and aims
– Meetings: policy and operational
Session 4 (25th Nov)
– Sociocracy in education
– Sociocratic decision-making process
– Experience: making a decision
Session 5 (2nd Dec)
– Practice: making a decision
– Building the agenda
– Conflict mediation and NVC
Session 6 (9th Dec)
– School circle structures
– Practice: design a circle structure