ABOUT THE COURSE – SOLD OUT
The Sociocracy for Schools course starts on Wednesday 2nd February 2022 at 2pm Central European time (CET) and lasts a total of 12 hours spread across 6 sessions of 2 hours each.
The course is aimed at educators, school managers and anyone interested in applying sociocracy in an educational setting. In the course you will learn practical skills to implement sociocracy in your own context, whether in a school, community or organisation.
This course is founded on learning through direct experience, as you will be organised into small groups to practice decision-making processes, facilitation skills, sociocratic elections and construction of a circle structure. You will also experience sociocracy through role play of real examples that we collected from schools around the world.
You will have a chance to develop facilitation skills, so you can immediately apply sociocracy to your context after the course. We offer tools for collective decision-making, open elections and conflict mediation, which can be applied in any meeting with students, staff and parents.
You can bring a buddy or a colleague from the same organisation to join you in this course. And if you have a whole team, then we can arrange a private Sociocracy training for you. You can read more about the course here and send us an email to email@example.com to inquire.
– Format of training: Online (via Zoom)
– Duration of training: 12 hours – 6 sessions (2 hours each)
– Dates: Wednesdays: 2nd February, 9th February, 16th February, 23rd February, 2nd March and 9th March
– Time: 2pm-4pm Central Europe (8am-10am EST, 1pm-3pm GMT, 6:30pm-8:30pm IST) – Check your timezone here
– Max. number of participants: 12
– Price options: €120, €150 or €180 per person
We offer three prices for you to choose from based on your financial condition. All prices are in Euros.
– Base: €120: This is a more accessible option for those who are unable to afford the regular price.
– Regular: €150: This is the standard and recommended price for the course.
– Support: €180: This supports someone. Your contribution enables us to offer the course at the base price, making this accessible to others. Thank you!
Session 1 (2nd February)
– School Circles screening (46 min training version)
– Questions and reflections
Session 2 (9th February)
– 4 Principles of sociocracy
– Consent and double link
– Election process
– Experience: sociocratic election
Session 3 (16th February)
– Sociocracy in education
– Vision, mission and aims
– Circle: domains and aims
– 4 Roles in a circle
– Practice: sociocratic election
Session 4 (23rd February)
– Sociocratic decision-making process
– Conflict mediation
– Experience: making a decision
Session 5 (2nd March)
– Practice: making a decision
– Agenda and minutes
– Operations (self-management)
Session 6 (9th March)
– School circle structures
– Practice: design a circle structure